In an effort to stamp out the issues this car has, it was time to tackle the most serious issue; The front control arm bushes.
With old cars, it always seems to feel like you’re taking it for a WOF. Six monthly WOFs for old cars is a bit mean, but I wouldn’t trust it any other way, with the state of the rubbish on our roads.
It’s been like Christmas around here, with all my individually boxed RockAuto parts arriving for the Mini.
Well here is a blast from the past. It occurs to me that I still haven’t got around to posting the one final thing I did on my old R50 Mini Cooper before selling it; Replacing the bonnet stripes.
Ah yes, nothing like buying a car sight unseen, and then choosing to fly across the country and drive said car back again. Yup, I’ve done it again.
The final part of the interior job was to recondition a few of the switches. The window, panel and headlight switches all needed an overhaul.
With the last parts of the interior reinstalled today, I could finally test a couple of other jobs I did as “while I’m here” things when the interior was apart. One of those jobs was to rebuild the rather floppy shifter.
The final piece of the puzzle for getting the interior finished was the gear and hand brake boots. The old ones were worn out, torn and manky. I couldn’t refit them, they’re letting the team down.
Of course, nothing is ever simple. Try and sell a car, get messed around a bit, try and take it for a WOF to make it easier to sell, and oh hey, it failed. Thankfully nothing too major, just a couple of flogged arms.
Once again, it has been a bleeding long time since the last post, but of course, I haven’t just been sitting around doing nothing. It may be a whole new world out there thanks to the current chaos, but the free time I suddenly had was enough to kick start work on the TVR.