I’m a little behind on posting this, as I did this work a couple of weeks ago, but since I’m now stuck at home in a COVID-19 Lockdown, I thought I would give a quick update.
Its been a few months since my last update, but the Saab had some love during this time.
Time ran out. The Diff went in on the Thursday, Sunday was the show. Since we were back together and running, all that was left was a final push to get the car looking as good as it should.
With show day now only a couple of days away, the rush was on. I had a car on stands, with a diff on the ground. Not ideal.
Part 2 focused on how to test the system, now using the information from testing, we can move onto tuning and fixing any issues with the KJet system.
In Part 1 we figured out the basics of what the components are and what they do. Now it’s time to test the system and see what we are starting with.
Bosch K-Jetronic seems to be a bit of a black art these days. Almost anyone you mention it to backs off and cringes. Hopefully this series of posts clears up some of that misinformation and scaremongering, and opens more people up to working with their KJet instead of binning it, or neglecting it until it inevitably fails.
Well, it has been an interesting time on the TVR front. Most recently, I have been dealing with one of those “why did I start this” jobs on the car.
With the brake rotors slowly making their way to me from across the planet, I wanted to get the TVR in for a Warrant Of Fitness inspection to see if there was anything else I needed to order.