I’m a little behind on posting this, as I did this work a couple of weeks ago, but since I’m now stuck at home in a COVID-19 Lockdown, I thought I would give a quick update.
Well, I’m not kidding, I’m all over the place with the Mini at the moment.
Another big day working on the Mini today, but not everything went to plan.
Woo hoo, It’s finally time to fill the big gaps in the front of the Rover.
I couldn’t help myself, I had to know why Scooty wasn’t running.
So the other day I concluded that the sunroof motor was OK but the gearing was stuffed. Obviously this was no good as I had no real way of opening or closing the sunroof, or keeping it closed.
So the other day I got the sunroof open, and then got it stuck open because the motor would not drive the cables. Today, I wanted to find out why.
Typically, like most SD1s, mine has some electrical issues. One common issue is the failure of dash buttons and switches; thankfully it’s not a hard issue to fix.
My knee is healing reasonably quickly, thankfully, so I decided now would be a good time to ease myself back into working on the Rover.
Finally, the weather let up for a few minutes today, so I carried out some more work.