Progress on the BMW is slow. Unfortunately I fix one thing, and in the process find something else that is broken and needs more parts ordered.
Maybe leaving a 38 year old car outside in some of the heaviest rain we have had wasn’t such a good idea.
Like all the cars I obtain, I don’t mess around, so today I tore into the brakes to replace the leaky cylinders.
Another day, more coolant. I’m quickly running out of time to get Effie ready for the show this weekend, but I needed to fix the leaking coolant first.
It rained heavily the other day, for the first time since getting the Vitesse…. and it leaked. Damn.
Owning a Rover SD1 means accepting that you will always have something to fix.
When you own an old, modified car, you start to get used to finding unusual ways to fix things.
Today was far too productive, what, with me pulling the loom out, and now also finally doing the rocker cover gaskets.
After yesterday’s revelation that I had made a real balls up of the thermostat install, it was time to fix it once and for all.