There was one thing left that I hadn’t tested for in my quest to sort the idle issue, and that was the fuel pressure.
After 300,000km, the old suspension was no doubt a little on the tired side. An easy fix is to fit a set of adjustable suspension. So, that’s what I did.
Its been a while, for two main reasons, but I’m still here, and for now, so is the BMW.
Well this is a familiar job, the old brake light switch failure.
One last thing I needed to fix, so that the car would reliably start, was the ignition barrel. Sometimes it would free spin, and wouldn’t start the car.
Progress on the BMW is slow. Unfortunately I fix one thing, and in the process find something else that is broken and needs more parts ordered.
Don’t worry guys, this is the last post today; Just playing catch up. I had my suspicions that the aux fan wasn’t working, and I wanted make sure before it caused issues.
Yet another issue that was discovered on the car was that there were signs of oil leaking from the bottom of the vanos solenoid cover. This is a clear indicator that the solenoid seals are beyond their useful life.
Okay, it’s been a while since my last post, but the car has still been progressing. I left off with the exhaust on the ground waiting for exhaust gaskets, and needing to replace the valve cover gasket. The parts arrived, so I got on with it.