With old cars, it always seems to feel like you’re taking it for a WOF. Six monthly WOFs for old cars is a bit mean, but I wouldn’t trust it any other way, with the state of the rubbish on our roads.
The final part of the interior job was to recondition a few of the switches. The window, panel and headlight switches all needed an overhaul.
With the last parts of the interior reinstalled today, I could finally test a couple of other jobs I did as “while I’m here” things when the interior was apart. One of those jobs was to rebuild the rather floppy shifter.
The final piece of the puzzle for getting the interior finished was the gear and hand brake boots. The old ones were worn out, torn and manky. I couldn’t refit them, they’re letting the team down.
Once again, it has been a bleeding long time since the last post, but of course, I haven’t just been sitting around doing nothing. It may be a whole new world out there thanks to the current chaos, but the free time I suddenly had was enough to kick start work on the TVR.
I’m a little behind on posting this, as I did this work a couple of weeks ago, but since I’m now stuck at home in a COVID-19 Lockdown, I thought I would give a quick update.
Time ran out. The Diff went in on the Thursday, Sunday was the show. Since we were back together and running, all that was left was a final push to get the car looking as good as it should.
With show day now only a couple of days away, the rush was on. I had a car on stands, with a diff on the ground. Not ideal.
Well, it has been an interesting time on the TVR front. Most recently, I have been dealing with one of those “why did I start this” jobs on the car.